Shrek the Musical
Wouldn’t it be amazing to be in a far off land where fairy-tale creatures live, true love exists, and where farting in public is expected? Well that is what Shrek the Musical is all about, and it is super fun to watch! Shrek the Musical is about an ogre named Shrek and a Princess Fiona who was trapped in a tower and Shrek went to save her. Fiona was cursed and every night at sunset she would turn into an ogre. The only thing that could break the curse was true loves first kiss. After Shrek saved her, she called him her hero. She always imagined her hero being a handsome Prince, and not an ogre which Fiona didn’t know Shrek was, and Shrek knew nothing of Fiona’s curse. The costumes were awesome, and so was the singing and acting.
The costumes were for the most part great, they really did a good job making it look like the characters in the movie. They had some problems with the dragon because it’s arm fell off, and some people said that the donkey looked more like a rabbit, and his ears weren’t fluffy.
The singing and acting was also very good. For the acting you could tell who was who, and they were very into character. For the singing, I think they did a pretty good job, but in some parts you couldn’t really understand what they were singing and saying.
Overall, the musical was great and I strongly recommend that you see it, because the students at our local highschool did an amazing job. There was a lot of laughs and awe’s, and it was a very romantic, funny, and an interesting musical. My overall rating even though I myself am not a huge fan of musical’s, would be 3 stars out of 5. I really liked the whole meaning of the play, and the costumes were very cute.
Three things about structures:
1.) Structures are everywhere; everything is/has a structure
2.) Structures can be any size or shape
3.) Structures can be used for anything
How is a structure designed? How do people start designing a structure? What is the first step?
I have had a lot of experiences with storms, tornadoes, etc. One time a couple of years ago, we had a huge thunderstorm. Huge bolts of lightning struck down followed by extremely loud bangs of thunder. My Dad, sister and brother were at home. The power was out, and it was very dark and quiet (besides the noise from the thunder and lightning) not all the bangs of thunder were very loud, until suddenly a HUGE crack of thunder banged super loud which shook our house and the lightning that came with it literally set our tree in our front yard on fire! Luckily not long after it started raining harder so it put out the fire, but what most of us were thinking about was our Mom. She was still at work and we were hoping she was okay, which she was. 🙂
It is officially 2014!! Let’s hope this year is better than the last! HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!!!! 🙂
Christmas was 2 days ago, but I just wanted to make sure I said Merry Christmas to everyone, and to have a Happy New Year! Christmas was amazing, as always. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
I think that Nelson Mandella dying was one of the most important because he fought for African-American rights, and that everyone should be treated fairly and with respect. He had a big impact on couloured people, and everyone in the world.
- How many posts did you write? Including this post, I have written 11 posts so far.
- How many were school based, your own interests or set by the challenge? All of my posts were either school based, my own interests, or set by the challenge.
- How many comments did you receive from classmates, teachers or overseas students? All together so far, I have gotten 19 comments.
- Which post received the most comments? Why do you think that happened? My first post, titled “Hey guys!! ;)” Got the most comments. I think maybe it got the most comments because it was at the beginning when we all started Edublogs, and that is possibly when more people have been looking through blogs and stuff 🙂
- Which post did you enjoy writing the most and why? I enjoy writing all of my posts.
- Did you change blog themes at all and why? I think I changed my blog theme once or twice because I look through different hings a lot, and find new things.
- How many widgets do you have? Do you think this is too many or not enough? I have about 8 widgets. I don’t think it’s too much or not enough, I think it’s a good amount.
My friend, Emma, auditing my blog!
- What were your first impressions of this blog? Emma said, “I like everything about your blog. It has lots of colours, good posts, and it’s awesome.”
- What captured your attention? Emma said, “Your background is really colourful and sparkly, and you have really good pictures in your post!”
- What distracted you on the blog? Emma said, “When you go on your blog, again, your background sticks out and is really great, just like your posts.”
- What suggestions can you give me to improve my blog? Emma said, “I don’t know. I really like your blog how it is.”
I think that all of our blogs are really great. But I think that one of my favourite blogs would have to be Alyssa’s. I nominate Alyssa’s blog because it is bright and colourful, she has all of her challenges and assignments on here, finished and posted, she has added some of her own posts, it really shows her interests, and it is really well put together. Alyssa’s blog is amazing.
Step 1: Grab some scissors and a normal piece of blank paper.
Step 2: Fold the paper so that it makes a square. (There should be a little flap on the side).
Step 3: Cut the flap off.
Step 4: Take the triangle that you now have and fold it again.
Step 5: Take one side of the triangle and fold it half way over the rest of the paper.
Step 6: Take the unfolded side of the triangle and fold it over the remaining side. Make sure the 2 sides line nicely and there is no overhangs, or else the snowflake will not be even.
Step 7: Cut along where the marked line is. At this point this step is not mandatory, but it makes handling the snowflake easier.
Step 8: You can now trace a design into your snowflake, or if you don’t have anything in mind you can freestyle a design as long as you make sure not to cut the edges of the snowflake in the wrong place.
Step 9: Cut out the design. If you drew a design make sure you cut outside the edges.
Step 10: Now carefully unwrap the snowflake making sure not to tear any delicate parts. Smooth out the creases, then your done!!!!!!!
I am actually quite excited for my future. When I grow up I have wanted to be many things including a teacher, cook, vet, and a famous singer! But right now I’m thinking I may want to be a doctor/nurse or a cook.
I know what high school I am going to, and I do want to go to college/university. When I was younger my best friend and I would always talk about how we are for sure going to live together and all that but now I don’t know if that is going to happen, I mean we are still talking about it now 🙂 but now that we are older we know that we aren’t for sure about it.
When I get older and move out, I am thinking about wanting to get my own puppy. I do have one now, but I am excited to choose out my own and take care of it myself and stuff. 🙂
Also, when I get a bit older I’ve been wanting to work in retail like my Mom.
There is so much I am thinking about doing and wanting to do, etc. It’s all so overwhelming! 🙂 I am very excited.
I have always been thinking about wanting to be in charge of some sort of thing to help make a difference in our world for the better, but I don’t know how I am going to do that or what I am going to do. My parents have been saying that they want my brother, sister and I to start helping out around Christmas time like serving food and stuff to the less fortunate or something like that, and I want to do it so that is most likely going to be a tradition in my family.
I also like to help our Earth by picking up garbage, planting trees, etc.And I want to continue that in the future, and I think that you should too! 🙂 MAKE EVERYDAY EARTH DAY!